Durham County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Durham County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Durham County, North Carolina. You can contact the Durham County Assessor for:
- Checking the Durham County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
200 E Main St 3rd floorThe Durham County Assessor's Office is located in Durham, North Carolina. Durham is the county seat of Durham County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Durham County Government Admin. Complex, at 200 East Main Street.
Durham County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Durham County Information
Durham County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Durham County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Durham County Tax Appraiser.
- The Durham County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Durham County.
- The Durham County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Durham County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Durham County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Durham County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Durham County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 919-560-0300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Durham County assessor's office at 919-560-0350. Please call the assessor's office in Durham before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Durham County Government Admin. Complex at 919-560-0000.