Duplin County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Duplin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Duplin County, North Carolina. You can contact the Duplin County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Duplin County property tax due date
PO BOX 910The Duplin County Assessor's Office is located in the Duplin County Court House Annex in Kenansville, North Carolina. Kenansville is the county seat of Duplin County, where most local government offices are located.
Duplin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Duplin County Information
Duplin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Duplin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Duplin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Duplin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Duplin County.
- The Duplin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Duplin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Duplin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Duplin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Duplin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 910-296-2110. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Duplin County assessor's office at 910-296-2331. Please call the assessor's office in Kenansville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Duplin County Courthouse at 910-296-2100.