Davie County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Davie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Davie County, North Carolina. You can contact the Davie County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Davie County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
123 S Main StThe Davie County Assessor's Office is located in Mocksville, North Carolina. Mocksville is the county seat of Davie County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Davie County Administration Building, at 123 South Main Street.
Davie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Davie County Information
Davie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Davie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Davie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Davie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Davie County.
- The Davie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Davie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Davie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Davie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Davie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 336-753-6120. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Davie County assessor's office at 336-751-0154. Please call the assessor's office in Mocksville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Davie County Administration Building at 336-751-5513.