Dare County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Dare County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dare County, North Carolina. You can contact the Dare County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Dare County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 1000The Dare County Assessor's Office is located in the Dare County Justice Center in Manteo, North Carolina. Manteo is the county seat of Dare County, where most local government offices are located.
Dare County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dare County Information
Dare County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dare County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dare County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dare County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dare County.
- The Dare County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dare County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dare County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dare County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dare County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-475-5940. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dare County assessor's office at 252-475-1699. Please call the assessor's office in Manteo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dare County Courthouse at 252-475-5000.