Cumberland County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Cumberland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cumberland County, North Carolina. You can contact the Cumberland County Assessor for:
- Checking the Cumberland County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO Box 1829The Cumberland County Assessor's Office is located in the Cumberland County Courthouse in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Fayetteville is the county seat of Cumberland County, where most local government offices are located.
Cumberland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cumberland County Information
Cumberland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cumberland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cumberland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cumberland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cumberland County.
- The Cumberland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cumberland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cumberland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cumberland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cumberland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 910-678-7507. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cumberland County assessor's office at 910-678-7582. Please call the assessor's office in Fayetteville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cumberland County Courthouse at 910-678-7700.