Craven County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Craven County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Craven County, North Carolina. You can contact the Craven County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Craven County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
406 Craven StreetThe Craven County Assessor's Office is located in New Bern, North Carolina. New Bern is the county seat of Craven County, where most local government offices are located.
Craven County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Craven County Information
Craven County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Craven County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Craven County Tax Appraiser.
- The Craven County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Craven County.
- The Craven County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Craven County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Craven County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Craven County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Craven County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-636-6604. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Craven County assessor's office at 252-636-2569. Please call the assessor's office in New Bern before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Craven County Courthouse at 252-636-6600.