Cleveland County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Cleveland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cleveland County, North Carolina. You can contact the Cleveland County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Cleveland County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 1210The Cleveland County Assessor's Office is located in the Cleveland County Administration Building in Shelby, North Carolina. Shelby is the county seat of Cleveland County, where most local government offices are located.
Cleveland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cleveland County Information
Cleveland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cleveland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cleveland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cleveland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cleveland County.
- The Cleveland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cleveland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cleveland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cleveland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cleveland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 704-484-4913. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cleveland County assessor's office at 704-484-4917. Please call the assessor's office in Shelby before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cleveland County Courthouse at 704-484-4800.