Catawba County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Catawba County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Catawba County, North Carolina. You can contact the Catawba County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Catawba County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 389The Catawba County Assessor's Office is located in Newton, North Carolina. Newton is the county seat of Catawba County, where most local government offices are located.
Catawba County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Catawba County Information
Catawba County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Catawba County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Catawba County Tax Appraiser.
- The Catawba County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Catawba County.
- The Catawba County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Catawba County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Catawba County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Catawba County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Catawba County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-465-8401. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Newton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Catawba County Government Center at 828-465-8200.