Carteret County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Carteret County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Carteret County, North Carolina. You can contact the Carteret County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Carteret County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Courthouse SquareThe Carteret County Assessor's Office is located in Beaufort, North Carolina. Beaufort is the county seat of Carteret County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Carteret County Courthouse, at 302 Courthouse Square.
Carteret County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Carteret County Information
Carteret County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Carteret County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Carteret County Tax Appraiser.
- The Carteret County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Carteret County.
- The Carteret County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Carteret County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Carteret County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Carteret County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Carteret County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-728-8494. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Beaufort before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Carteret County Courthouse at 252-728-8450.