Camden County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Camden County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Camden County, North Carolina. You can contact the Camden County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Camden County property tax due date
117 North NC 343The Camden County Assessor's Office is located in Camden, North Carolina. Camden is the county seat of Camden County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Camden County Courthouse, at 117 North NC 343.
Camden County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Camden County Information
Camden County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Camden County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Camden County Tax Appraiser.
- The Camden County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Camden County.
- The Camden County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Camden County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Camden County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Camden County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Camden County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-338-1919. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Camden County assessor's office at 252-333-1603. Please call the assessor's office in Camden before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Camden County Courthouse at 252-338-1919.