Cabarrus County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Cabarrus County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cabarrus County, North Carolina. You can contact the Cabarrus County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Cabarrus County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO Box 707The Cabarrus County Assessor's Office is located in the Cabarrus County Governmental Center in Concord, North Carolina. Concord is the county seat of Cabarrus County, where most local government offices are located.
Cabarrus County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cabarrus County Information
Cabarrus County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cabarrus County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cabarrus County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cabarrus County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cabarrus County.
- The Cabarrus County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cabarrus County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cabarrus County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cabarrus County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cabarrus County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 704-920-2126. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Concord before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Government Center at 704-920-2100.