Burke County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Burke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Burke County, North Carolina. You can contact the Burke County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Burke County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
200 Avery AvenueThe Burke County Assessor's Office is located in Morganton, North Carolina. Morganton is the county seat of Burke County, where most local government offices are located.
Burke County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Burke County Information
Burke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Burke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Burke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Burke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Burke County.
- The Burke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Burke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Burke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Burke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Burke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-438-5403. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Burke County assessor's office at 828-438-5445. Please call the assessor's office in Morganton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Burke County Government Building at 828-439-4340.