Buncombe County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Buncombe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Buncombe County, North Carolina. You can contact the Buncombe County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Buncombe County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
205 College StreetThe Buncombe County Assessor's Office is located in the Buncombe County Courthouse in Asheville, North Carolina. Asheville is the county seat of Buncombe County, where most local government offices are located.
Buncombe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Buncombe County Information
Buncombe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Buncombe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Buncombe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Buncombe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Buncombe County.
- The Buncombe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Buncombe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Buncombe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Buncombe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Buncombe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-250-4910. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Asheville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Buncombe County Courthouse at 828-250-4105.