Avery County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Avery County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Avery County, North Carolina. You can contact the Avery County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Avery County property tax due date
PO BOX 640The Avery County Assessor's Office is located in Newland, North Carolina. Newland is the county seat of Avery County, where most local government offices are located.
Avery County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Avery County Information
Avery County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Avery County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Avery County Tax Appraiser.
- The Avery County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Avery County.
- The Avery County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Avery County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Avery County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Avery County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Avery County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-733-8214. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Avery County assessor's office at 828-733-8216. Please call the assessor's office in Newland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Avery County Courthouse at 828-733-8202.