Westchester County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Westchester County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Westchester County, New York. You can contact the Westchester County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Westchester County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
148 Martine AvenueThe Westchester County Assessor's Office is located in White Plains, New York. White Plains is the county seat of Westchester County, where most local government offices are located.
Westchester County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Westchester County Information
Westchester County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Westchester County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Westchester County Tax Appraiser.
- The Westchester County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Westchester County.
- The Westchester County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Westchester County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Westchester County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Westchester County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Westchester County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 914-995-4325. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Westchester County assessor's office at 914-995-4333. Please call the assessor's office in White Plains before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Michaelian Office Building at 914-995-2000.