Ulster County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Ulster County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ulster County, New York. You can contact the Ulster County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Ulster County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
244 Fair StThe Ulster County Assessor's Office is located in Kingston, New York. Kingston is the county seat of Ulster County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ulster County Office Building, at 244 Fair Street.
Ulster County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ulster County Information
Ulster County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ulster County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ulster County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ulster County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ulster County.
- The Ulster County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ulster County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ulster County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ulster County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ulster County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 845-340-3490. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ulster County assessor's office at 845-340-3499. Please call the assessor's office in Kingston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ulster County Office Building at 845-340-3900.