Tioga County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Tioga County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tioga County, New York. You can contact the Tioga County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Tioga County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
56 Main StThe Tioga County Assessor's Office is located in Owego, New York. Owego is the county seat of Tioga County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Tioga County Office Building, at 56 Main Street.
Tioga County Assessor Contact Information
Tioga County Assessor Address
Tioga County Real Property Tax Services Office
56 Main Street
Owego, NY 13827
Tioga County Assessor Phone Number
Tioga County Assessor's Website
Additional Tioga County Information
GIS Map Geographical Information System
Property Assessment Rolls
Property Tax Maps View property maps
Property Tax Search Tool Find Tioga County property tax records
Tax Search Service Find Tioga County property tax records
Tioga County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tioga County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tioga County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tioga County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tioga County.
- The Tioga County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tioga County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tioga County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tioga County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tioga County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 607-687-8661. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Owego before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tioga County Office Building at 607-687-8200.
Find the tax assessor for a different New York county
Find property records for Tioga County
The median property tax in Tioga County, New York is $2,354.00