St. Lawrence County, New York - Assessor's Office
The St. Lawrence County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Lawrence County, New York. You can contact the St. Lawrence County Assessor for:
- Checking the St. Lawrence County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
48 Court StThe St. Lawrence County Assessor's Office is located in Canton, New York. Canton is the county seat of St. Lawrence County, where most local government offices are located.
St. Lawrence County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Lawrence County Information
St. Lawrence County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Lawrence County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Lawrence County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Lawrence County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Lawrence County.
- The St. Lawrence County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Lawrence County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Lawrence County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Lawrence County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Lawrence County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 315-379-2272. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Lawrence County assessor's office at 315-229-3222. Please call the assessor's office in Canton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Lawrence County Courthouse at 315-379-2276.