Richmond County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Richmond County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Richmond County, New York. You can contact the Richmond County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Richmond County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Richmond County Assessor's Office is located in New York, New York.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Richmond County Assessor Contact Information
Richmond County Assessor Address
New York City Department of Finance, Assessment Division
66 John Street
New York, NY 10008
Richmond County Assessor Phone Number
Richmond County Assessor's Website
Additional Richmond County Information
Payment Services City-specific resource
Property Tax Maps City-specific resource
Property Tax Search Tool City-specific resource
Richmond County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Richmond County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Richmond County Tax Appraiser.
- The Richmond County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Richmond County.
- The Richmond County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Richmond County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Richmond County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Richmond County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Richmond County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 212-504-4080. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in New York before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352
Find the tax assessor for a different New York county
Find property records for Richmond County
The median property tax in Richmond County, New York is $2,842.00