Ontario County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Ontario County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ontario County, New York. You can contact the Ontario County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Ontario County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
20 Ontario StThe Ontario County Assessor's Office is located in Canandaigua, New York. Canandaigua is the county seat of Ontario County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ontario County Municipal Building, at 20 Ontario Street.
Ontario County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ontario County Information
Ontario County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ontario County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ontario County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ontario County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ontario County.
- The Ontario County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ontario County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ontario County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ontario County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ontario County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 585-396-4382. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ontario County assessor's office at 585-393-2991. Please call the assessor's office in Canandaigua before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ontario County Municipal Building at 585-396-4274.