New York County, New York - Assessor's Office
The New York County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in New York County, New York. You can contact the New York County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the New York County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The New York County Assessor's Office is located in New York, New York.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
New York County Assessor Contact Information
New York County Assessor Address
New York City Department of Finance, Assessment Division
66 John Street
New York, NY 10008
New York County Assessor Phone Number
New York County Assessor's Website
Additional New York County Information
Payment Services City-specific resource
Property Tax Maps City-specific resource
Property Tax Search Tool City-specific resource
New York County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the New York County Tax Assessor may also serve as the New York County Tax Appraiser.
- The New York County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in New York County.
- The New York County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The New York County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in New York County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting New York County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the New York County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 212-504-4080. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in New York before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352
Find the tax assessor for a different New York county
Find property records for New York County
The median property tax in New York County, New York is $5,873.00