Jefferson County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Jefferson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jefferson County, New York. You can contact the Jefferson County Assessor for:
- Checking the Jefferson County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
163 Arsenal StThe Jefferson County Assessor's Office is located in Watertown, New York. Watertown is the county seat of Jefferson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Jefferson County Courthouse, at 175 Arsenal Street.
Jefferson County Assessor Contact Information
Jefferson County Assessor Address
Jefferson County Real Property Tax Services
175 Arsenal Street
Watertown, NY 13601
Jefferson County Assessor Phone Number
Jefferson County Assessor's Website
Additional Jefferson County Information
Make a Property Tax Payment How to pay property taxes
Parcel Search & Mapping (GIS Maps) Geographical Information System
Property Assessment & Tax Rolls
Property Tax Search Tool Find Jefferson County property tax records
Jefferson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jefferson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jefferson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jefferson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jefferson County.
- The Jefferson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jefferson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jefferson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jefferson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jefferson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 315-785-3074. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jefferson County assessor's office at 315-785-3377. Please call the assessor's office in Watertown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jefferson County Courthouse at 315-785-3000.
Find the tax assessor for a different New York county
Find property records for Jefferson County
The median property tax in Jefferson County, New York is $1,961.00