Fulton County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Fulton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fulton County, New York. You can contact the Fulton County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Fulton County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
223 W Main StThe Fulton County Assessor's Office is located in Johnstown, New York. Johnstown is the county seat of Fulton County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Fulton County Building, at 223 W. Main Street.
Fulton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fulton County Information
Fulton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fulton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fulton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fulton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fulton County.
- The Fulton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fulton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fulton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fulton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fulton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 518-736-5507. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fulton County assessor's office at 518-736-1417. Please call the assessor's office in Johnstown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fulton County Building at 518-736-5555.