Columbia County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Columbia County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Columbia County, New York. You can contact the Columbia County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Columbia County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
401 Union StThe Columbia County Assessor's Office is located in Hudson, New York. Hudson is the county seat of Columbia County, where most local government offices are located.
Columbia County Assessor Contact Information
Columbia County Assessor Address
Columbia County Real Property Tax Department
560 Warren Street
Hudson, NY 12534
Columbia County Assessor Phone Number
Columbia County Assessor's Website
Additional Columbia County Information
Property Assessment Rolls
Property Sales Records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Columbia County property tax records
Tax Bills (Search by municipality) Find Columbia County property tax records
Tax Record Search (Tax Records) Find Columbia County property tax records
Columbia County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Columbia County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Columbia County Tax Appraiser.
- The Columbia County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Columbia County.
- The Columbia County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Columbia County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Columbia County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Columbia County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Columbia County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 518-828-7334. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Columbia County assessor's office at 518-828-0363. Please call the assessor's office in Hudson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Columbia County Courthouse at 518-828-7858.
Find the tax assessor for a different New York county
Find property records for Columbia County
The median property tax in Columbia County, New York is $3,605.00