Union County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Union County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Union County, New Mexico. You can contact the Union County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Union County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 430The Union County Assessor's Office is located in Clayton, New Mexico. Clayton is the county seat of Union County, where most local government offices are located.
Union County Assessor Contact Information
Union County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Union County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Union County Tax Appraiser.
- The Union County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Union County.
- The Union County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Union County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Union County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Union County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Union County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-374-9441. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Clayton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Union County Courthouse at 505-374-8896.