Torrance County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Torrance County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Torrance County, New Mexico. You can contact the Torrance County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Torrance County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 48The Torrance County Assessor's Office is located in Estancia, New Mexico. Estancia is the county seat of Torrance County, where most local government offices are located.
Torrance County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Torrance County Information
Torrance County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Torrance County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Torrance County Tax Appraiser.
- The Torrance County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Torrance County.
- The Torrance County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Torrance County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Torrance County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Torrance County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Torrance County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 505-246-4727. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Torrance County assessor's office at 505-384-4362. Please call the assessor's office in Estancia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Torrance County Courthouse at 505-246-4752.