Taos County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Taos County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Taos County, New Mexico. You can contact the Taos County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Taos County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
105 Albright St Ste AThe Taos County Assessor's Office is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is the county seat of Taos County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Taos County Courthouse, at 105 Albright Street, Suite F.
Taos County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Taos County Information
Taos County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Taos County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Taos County Tax Appraiser.
- The Taos County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Taos County.
- The Taos County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Taos County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Taos County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Taos County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Taos County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-737-6360. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Taos County assessor's office at 575-737-6379. Please call the assessor's office in Taos before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Taos County Courthouse at 505-737-6300.