Socorro County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Socorro County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Socorro County, New Mexico. You can contact the Socorro County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Socorro County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX IThe Socorro County Assessor's Office is located in Sorocco, New Mexico.
Socorro County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Socorro County Information
Socorro County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Socorro County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Socorro County Tax Appraiser.
- The Socorro County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Socorro County.
- The Socorro County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Socorro County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Socorro County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Socorro County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Socorro County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-835-0714. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Sorocco before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Socorro County Courthouse at 505-835-0589.