Sierra County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Sierra County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sierra County, New Mexico. You can contact the Sierra County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Sierra County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
100 N Date StreetThe Sierra County Assessor's Office is located in Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico. Truth Or Consequences is the county seat of Sierra County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sierra County Courthouse, at 100 North Date Street.
Sierra County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sierra County Information
Sierra County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sierra County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sierra County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sierra County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sierra County.
- The Sierra County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sierra County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sierra County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sierra County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sierra County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-894-2589. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sierra County assessor's office at 575-894-2829. Please call the assessor's office in Truth Or Consequences before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sierra County Courthouse at 505-894-6215.