Santa Fe County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Santa Fe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Santa Fe County, New Mexico. You can contact the Santa Fe County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Santa Fe County property tax due date
P.O. Box 276The Santa Fe County Assessor's Office is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Santa Fe is the county seat of Santa Fe County, where most local government offices are located.
Santa Fe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Santa Fe County Information
Santa Fe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Santa Fe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Santa Fe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Santa Fe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Santa Fe County.
- The Santa Fe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Santa Fe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Santa Fe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Santa Fe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Santa Fe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 505-986-6300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Santa Fe before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Santa Fe County Courthouse at 505-986-6200.