Rio Arriba County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Rio Arriba County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico. You can contact the Rio Arriba County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Rio Arriba County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
1122 Industrial Park RdThe Rio Arriba County Assessor's Office is located in Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico. Tierra Amarilla is the county seat of Rio Arriba County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Rio Arriba County government, at 1122 Industrial Park Road.
Rio Arriba County Assessor Contact Information
Rio Arriba County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rio Arriba County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rio Arriba County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rio Arriba County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rio Arriba County.
- The Rio Arriba County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rio Arriba County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rio Arriba County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rio Arriba County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rio Arriba County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-588-7726. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rio Arriba County assessor's office at 575-588-7374. Please call the assessor's office in Tierra Amarilla before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rio Arriba County government at 505-753-2992.