Quay County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Quay County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Quay County, New Mexico. You can contact the Quay County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Quay County property tax due date
PO BOX 1246The Quay County Assessor's Office is located in Tucumcari, New Mexico. Tucumcari is the county seat of Quay County, where most local government offices are located.
Quay County Assessor Contact Information
Quay County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Quay County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Quay County Tax Appraiser.
- The Quay County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Quay County.
- The Quay County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Quay County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Quay County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Quay County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Quay County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-461-1760. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Quay County assessor's office at 575-461-8465. Please call the assessor's office in Tucumcari before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Quay County Courthouse at 505-461-2112.