Otero County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Otero County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Otero County, New Mexico. You can contact the Otero County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Otero County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
1101 New York Ave, Room 104The Otero County Assessor's Office is located in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Alamogordo is the county seat of Otero County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Otero County government, at 1000 New York Avenue, Room 109.
Otero County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Otero County Information
Otero County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Otero County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Otero County Tax Appraiser.
- The Otero County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Otero County.
- The Otero County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Otero County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Otero County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Otero County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Otero County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-437-5310. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Otero County assessor's office at 575-443-2918. Please call the assessor's office in Alamogordo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Otero County government at 505-437-7427.