Mora County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Mora County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mora County, New Mexico. You can contact the Mora County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Mora County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 580The Mora County Assessor's Office is located in Mora, New Mexico. Mora is the county seat of Mora County, where most local government offices are located.
Mora County Assessor Contact Information
Mora County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mora County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mora County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mora County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mora County.
- The Mora County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mora County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mora County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mora County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mora County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-387-5289. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Mora before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mora County Courthouse at 575-387-5279.