Luna County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Luna County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Luna County, New Mexico. You can contact the Luna County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Luna County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 551The Luna County Assessor's Office is located in Deming, New Mexico. Deming is the county seat of Luna County, where most local government offices are located.
Luna County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Luna County Information
Luna County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Luna County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Luna County Tax Appraiser.
- The Luna County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Luna County.
- The Luna County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Luna County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Luna County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Luna County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Luna County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-546-0404. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Luna County assessor's office at 575-546-4187. Please call the assessor's office in Deming before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Luna County Courthouse at 505-546-0494.