Colfax County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Colfax County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Colfax County, New Mexico. You can contact the Colfax County Assessor for:
- Checking the Colfax County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 1498The Colfax County Assessor's Office is located in the Col County Courthouse in Raton, New Mexico. Raton is the county seat of Colfax County, where most local government offices are located.
Colfax County Assessor Contact Information
Colfax County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Colfax County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Colfax County Tax Appraiser.
- The Colfax County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Colfax County.
- The Colfax County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Colfax County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Colfax County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Colfax County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Colfax County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 575-445-2314. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Colfax County assessor's office at 575-445-2207. Please call the assessor's office in Raton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Colfax County Courthouse at 505-445-9661.