Bernalillo County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Bernalillo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bernalillo County, New Mexico. You can contact the Bernalillo County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bernalillo County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
1 Civic Plaza NW, 10th Floor, Room 10111The Bernalillo County Assessor's Office is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Albuquerque is the county seat of Bernalillo County, where most local government offices are located.
Bernalillo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bernalillo County Information
Bernalillo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bernalillo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bernalillo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bernalillo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bernalillo County.
- The Bernalillo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bernalillo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bernalillo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bernalillo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bernalillo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 505-222-3700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bernalillo County assessor's office at 505-222-3771. Please call the assessor's office in Albuquerque before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bernalillo County government at 505-468-7000.