Ocean County, New Jersey - Assessor's Office
The Ocean County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ocean County, New Jersey. You can contact the Ocean County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Ocean County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
101 Hooper AveThe Ocean County Assessor's Office is located in the Ocean County Courthouse, Room 215 in Toms River, New Jersey. Toms River is the county seat of Ocean County, where most local government offices are located.
Ocean County Assessor Contact Information
Ocean County Assessor Address
Ocean County Board of Taxation
Ocean County Courthouse, Room 215
118 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08754
Ocean County Assessor Phone Number
Ocean County Assessor's Website
Additional Ocean County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Ocean County property tax records
Ocean County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ocean County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ocean County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ocean County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ocean County.
- The Ocean County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ocean County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ocean County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ocean County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ocean County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 732-929-2008. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Toms River before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ocean County Administration Building at 732-244-2121.
Find the tax assessor for a different New Jersey county
Find property records for Ocean County
The median property tax in Ocean County, New Jersey is $4,325.00