Monmouth County, New Jersey - Assessor's Office
The Monmouth County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Monmouth County, New Jersey. You can contact the Monmouth County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Monmouth County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
One East Main StreetThe Monmouth County Assessor's Office is located in Freehold, New Jersey. Freehold is the county seat of Monmouth County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hall Of Records, at 1 East Main Street.
Monmouth County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Monmouth County Information
Monmouth County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Monmouth County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Monmouth County Tax Appraiser.
- The Monmouth County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Monmouth County.
- The Monmouth County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Monmouth County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Monmouth County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Monmouth County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Monmouth County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 732-431-7404. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Monmouth County assessor's office at 732-409-4890. Please call the assessor's office in Freehold before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hall Of Records at 732-431-7387.