Hunterdon County, New Jersey - Assessor's Office
The Hunterdon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. You can contact the Hunterdon County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Hunterdon County property tax due date
1 East Main Street, Victorian PlazaThe Hunterdon County Assessor's Office is located in Flemington, New Jersey. Flemington is the county seat of Hunterdon County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hunterdon County Administration Building, at 71 Main Street, Building #3B.
Hunterdon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hunterdon County Information
Hunterdon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hunterdon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hunterdon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hunterdon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hunterdon County.
- The Hunterdon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hunterdon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hunterdon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hunterdon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hunterdon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 908-788-1173. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hunterdon County assessor's office at 908-806-4641. Please call the assessor's office in Flemington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hunterdon County Administration Building at 908-788-1102.