Cape May County, New Jersey - Assessor's Office
The Cape May County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cape May County, New Jersey. You can contact the Cape May County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Cape May County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
4 Moore RdThe Cape May County Assessor's Office is located in Cape May Court House, New Jersey. Cape May Court House is the county seat of Cape May County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cape May County Administration Building, at DN-303, 4 Moore Road.
Cape May County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cape May County Information
Cape May County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cape May County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cape May County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cape May County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cape May County.
- The Cape May County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cape May County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cape May County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cape May County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cape May County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 609-465-1030. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cape May County assessor's office at 609-463-6395. Please call the assessor's office in Cape May Court House before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cape May County Administration Building at 609-465-1065.