Burlington County, New Jersey - Assessor's Office
The Burlington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Burlington County, New Jersey. You can contact the Burlington County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Burlington County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
49 Rancocas RoadThe Burlington County Assessor's Office is located in Mount Holly, New Jersey. Mount Holly is the county seat of Burlington County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Burlington County Office Building, at 49 Rancocas Road, Room 105.
Burlington County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Burlington County Information
Burlington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Burlington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Burlington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Burlington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Burlington County.
- The Burlington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Burlington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Burlington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Burlington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Burlington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 609-265-5056. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Burlington County assessor's office at 609-265-8074. Please call the assessor's office in Mount Holly before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Burlington County Office Building at 609-265-5020.