Town of Plainfield, New Hampshire - Assessor's Office
The Town of Plainfield Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Plainfield, New Hampshire. You can contact the Town of Plainfield Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Plainfield property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
14 Main StThe Town of Plainfield Assessor's Office is located in Plainfield, Sullivan County, New Hampshire. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Town Of Plainfield Courthouse, at 110 Main Street.
Town of Plainfield Assessor Contact Information
Town of Plainfield Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Plainfield Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Plainfield Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Plainfield Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Plainfield.
- The Town of Plainfield Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Plainfield Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Plainfield, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Plainfield about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Plainfield Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 603-469-3201. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Plainfield assessor's office at 603-469-3642. Please call the assessor's office in Plainfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Plainfield Courthouse at 603-863-2560.