Town of Chester, New Hampshire - Assessor's Office
The Town of Chester Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Chester, New Hampshire. You can contact the Town of Chester Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Chester property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
119 North RdThe Town of Chester Assessor's Office is located in Chester, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
Town of Chester Assessor Contact Information
Town of Chester Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Chester Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Chester Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Chester Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Chester.
- The Town of Chester Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Chester Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Chester, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Chester about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Chester Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 603-887-4045. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Chester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Chester Complex at 603-679-2256.