City of Rochester, New Hampshire - Assessor's Office
The City of Rochester Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Rochester, New Hampshire. You can contact the City of Rochester Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Rochester property tax due date
PO BOX 799The City of Rochester Assessor's Office is located in Rochester, Strafford County, New Hampshire.
City of Rochester Assessor Contact Information
City of Rochester Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Rochester Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Rochester Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Rochester Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Rochester.
- The City of Rochester Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Rochester Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Rochester, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Rochester about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Rochester Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 603-332-5109. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Rochester assessor's office at 603-335-7591. Please call the assessor's office in Rochester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Rochester Courthouse at 603-742-1458.