City of Claremont, New Hampshire - Assessor's Office
The City of Claremont Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Claremont, New Hampshire. You can contact the City of Claremont Assessor for:
- Checking the City of Claremont property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
14 Main StThe City of Claremont Assessor's Office is located in the Claremont City Hall in Claremont, Sullivan County, New Hampshire.
City of Claremont Assessor Contact Information
City of Claremont Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Claremont Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Claremont Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Claremont Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Claremont.
- The City of Claremont Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Claremont Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Claremont, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Claremont about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Claremont Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 603-542-7004. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Claremont assessor's office at 603-542-7014. Please call the assessor's office in Claremont before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Claremont Courthouse at 603-863-2560.