Washoe County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Washoe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Washoe County, Nevada. You can contact the Washoe County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Washoe County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 11130The Washoe County Assessor's Office is located in Reno, Nevada. Reno is the county seat of Washoe County, where most local government offices are located.
Washoe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Washoe County Information
Washoe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Washoe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Washoe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Washoe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Washoe County.
- The Washoe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Washoe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Washoe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Washoe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Washoe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-328-2277. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Washoe County assessor's office at 775-328-3641. Please call the assessor's office in Reno before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Washoe County Courthouse at 775-328-3260.