Storey County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Storey County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Storey County, Nevada. You can contact the Storey County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Storey County property tax due date
PO BOX DThe Storey County Assessor's Office is located in the Storey County Courthouse in Virginia City, Nevada. Virginia City is the county seat of Storey County, where most local government offices are located.
Storey County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Storey County Information
Storey County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Storey County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Storey County Tax Appraiser.
- The Storey County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Storey County.
- The Storey County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Storey County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Storey County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Storey County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Storey County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-847-0961. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Storey County assessor's office at 775-847-0904. Please call the assessor's office in Virginia City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Storey County Courthouse at 775-847-0968.