Nye County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Nye County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nye County, Nevada. You can contact the Nye County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Nye County property tax due date
PO BOX 153The Nye County Assessor's Office is located in Tonopah, Nevada. Tonopah is the county seat of Nye County, where most local government offices are located.
Nye County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Nye County Information
Nye County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nye County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nye County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nye County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nye County.
- The Nye County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nye County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nye County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nye County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nye County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-482-8174. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Nye County assessor's office at 775-482-8178. Please call the assessor's office in Tonopah before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nye County government at 775-482-8191.