Mineral County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Mineral County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mineral County, Nevada. You can contact the Mineral County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mineral County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 1450The Mineral County Assessor's Office is located in Hawthorne, Nevada. Hawthorne is the county seat of Mineral County, where most local government offices are located.
Mineral County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mineral County Information
Mineral County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mineral County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mineral County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mineral County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mineral County.
- The Mineral County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mineral County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mineral County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mineral County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mineral County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-945-3684. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mineral County assessor's office at 775-945-0717. Please call the assessor's office in Hawthorne before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mineral County Courthouse at 775-945-2446.